Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Book Recommendation: Retroactive Post

So today, I caught a glimpse of this headline in the NY Times: "Not Enough Snow for You? Do-it-yourselfers with snow machines are taking the weather into their own hands." and immediately thought of Ishmael, a book I've reread several times in the last seven years. If you've never read it, here's a link to a good review of it. Ishmael Review. Once you read it, you'll understand exactly why this headline made me think of it.

I guess I'm writing this because I'm worried about the state of things in the world. This headline might not seem like a big deal, except that you link it to the obvious changes in the weather patterns all around the world due to increased global warming and you realize that we're buying into the 'myth.' Luckily articles about how the EU is pushing to make cars reduce their carbon emissions and incentives for being Hybrid car owners show that of us are starting to wake up and decide that they want to change. Anyway, I don't want to sound like I'm preaching, just taking note that sometimes we need to reassess our priorities every once in a while. And if you're interested, here's a great book to read in your spare time.

No comments: