Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Love City: Retroactive Post

God, I love being in Nagoya. I came here yesterday right from work and the minute that I got onto the platform at Nagoya station, I could feel this overwhelming sense of relief pass through my body. Like this is where I belong. It's like that every time I go back. I thought that that would be how I felt when I went back to Seattle this Christmas break, but I didn't. I guess that reinforces my recent realization that Seattle no longer feels like home. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still love that city and being with my friends and family is awesome, but it's no longer the same. I don't see it with the same eyes anymore. It just makes it easier to decide to move to Europe after this.

Anyway, I came out here because I wanted to see Chika before she heads out to Europe tomorrow morning for a month, but I now, I feel like I wish I hadn't, because it shows me just how much I love being here. Everything is familar in the way that Seattle is, but it's also still very foreign. Add to that that not only is one of my best friends here, but my aunt and uncle. Tonight, we had dinner and were drinking together with some of their friends, and it felt just like hanging out with my own friends at my house. I really love my Tita Elvie and Otosan. It almost makes me regret signing my contract for another year. I wish I could spend more time here than just a couple days at a time. I would give anything to be able to live in this city for another few months.

*Sigh* Oh well, the world changes and you've just got to roll with the punches, right? Here's to the future...

No comments: