Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hell Just Froze Over: Retroactive Post

Why? Because yesterday, I did the UNTHINKABLE. The two things that I wouldn't be caught doing in Seattle, EVER.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with Pat, checking up on him post-birthday-barfage, and waiting for my cousin, the one that doesn't live with me (Eugen-san) to come home with his girlfriend, Yuka-chan, whom I had met once before, since I had to open the door for them because they didnt have a key. They get home, and after getting cut off with Pat, I take the gidensha over to the post office, where I exchange my travelers checks for yen, go for a quick bike-ride around the Mizuho Koen *park, pick up cookies for them, and come back home. But none of that is out of the ordinary...

To my surprise, Yuka-chan had planned on taking me out, so we left soon after, and picked up her friend Miwa-chan in Sakae, braving the traffic. While driving, we decided to go to karaoke, so we headed down there. I'm sorry, are you wondering whether you heard me correctly? Yes, I said, KARAOKE. I, Sarah, went to KARAOKE. Thus begins my official conversion into Japan. So we went, and I had a good time, but unfortunately left my camera at home, so, sorry guys, no pics for you. Maybe some other time.

This was then followed by going to a place where you can play pool, video games and other things, but we did none of those things. Instead, we took PICTURES. The kind of pics that are tiny little stickers that cover every Japanese person's cell-phone. The ones that you take in a tiny little booth with different backgrounds and such. Well, I am now ADDICTED. I love them! But only the ones in Japan, b/c the ones in the US, you can't do as much. The ones here, you can write and draw all over them, stamp them, etc...They're so KAWAI *cute!!! I like them so much that I'm willing to show them, so for you all (but I still wish that you were here with me so that we can take some together):

Today was less adventurous. My cousin Uichi-san had a day off today, so we went with him, his gf Sa-chan, and Riko-chan and Taku-chan to the Villaggio Italia. And since I promised pictures, here are some, though a lot less than I normally take: Little Italy

We had lunch, walked around, did some shopping and then headed back, since I had to meet up with Chika again, near my house. Chika and I studied English and Japanese while everyone else either slept or played video games (Taku-chan), then watched 50 First Dates, since Chika had never seen it. We had dinner, chatted about anime, comics and manga, and then everyone headed home, but not before I made them promise that we'd take pictures together then next time we met. Now, I find myself again staying up late to provide you with pictures and updates about my life here, so oyasumi!

No comments: